Thursday, August 15, 2013

Radical Obedience = Letting go of Fear

Why do I  have fear of the unknown, I love and believe in God and trust in him yet I still have fear.

This week I realized while reading Chapter 3 in "What Happens Women Women say Yes to God" by Lysa TerKeurst,  that God is wanting me to be Radically Obedient and give up my fears to him. Now I am totally having a "Say What" moment with God as I am hearing this.  

"Really Lord? You know this is hard for me."

I know God hears my heart, my every thought,and knows the pain in my heart as well.  He knows my every fear and wants to lift them from me and he wants me to rely on him!

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. ~1 John 4:18


So why have I not allowed the “Perfect love” to drive out the fear in my heart? Why have I not be obedient and let them go to the Lord? 

Here are my fears I have right now:

  • Losing my Job tomorrow 
  • Not being a Wife or Mommy someday
  • Losing the Man I love so much
  • Never being pretty enough
  • Losing my Mom again
  • Being all Alone 


Writing them down they seem so little but yet there are so big in my heart right now and taking control of my thoughts. I know my God is bigger and his love will help me to over come these fears I just have to allow him to do so and this is so hard.  Is it because I am afraid of the unknown or not being in control of my life? I am not 100% sure but I do know I am going to obey the Lord. 

I am going to challenge myself each day to turn over my fears to God. I am going to :"Say Yes to God" and be Obedient.  Each time I feel these fears start to creep in on my thoughts I am going to stop what I am doing, lift my "Palms Up" to the Lord and  pray. I am going to repeat to my self:

There is no fear in love. God is Love!

Picture found on Pinterest





P31 OBS Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, I have never been brave enough to write my fears down so others could see. I, too, have times of fear and can so relate. The good thing I have found from my fear is that it draws me closer to God because it sure makes me pray. :) Thank you for sharing a piece of yourself with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think many of us have these same fears, and many, many more. Every day I tell myself that it says "Fear Not" over 365 times in the bible, once for every day. Because every day Satan wants to discourage us through our fears, but God wants to strengthen us with his Love. Thank you for your authenticity and your bravery in sharing your fears with all of us! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete