Friday, August 3, 2012

God's Waiting Room



Waiting Room - Waiting Chairs


 Lately I have been in God's waiting room. Waiting for his direction, guidance and calling for my life. I have been praying & praying for the Lord to show me or tell what it is that I am to be doing for him or in my life. I feel like I have been praying the same pray for months.....exhausted, frustrated and yearning for his sign or his voice and then, there it is not once but twice. Back to back, the Lord giving me a sign to be patient, to wait on him. 

Clear as day the words flash in my head...Have patience my child! The first sign was Sunday at church services when Pastor Roberts spoke of us being in God's waiting room. We are on his time and while we wait we find something to do. We are running the race and to stay on track 

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross,scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. ~Hebrews 12:1-3


 Then Monday I read Heather Bleier's blog (http://www.HeatherBleier.com) and there it was again "patience" screaming at me from her page. Her words and encouragement was so what I needed.

Psalm 37:7

Be still before the Lord
    and wait patiently for him 
Psalm 37:7a

 There it is again " be patient my child"

 Wow....I am realize now God is speaking to me through others, people that I look up to & that inspire me in my faith and my walk with God. So as I write this I am realizing that I am not on my time and no matter how many times I beg God to give me a sign or direction he is reminding me to be patient....when he is ready or maybe believes I am ready he will let me know on is time.

We are all on God's timing not our own!!!


cross

4 comments:

  1. Wow Lauren! Isn't it amazing how God speaks to us over and over so we can hear His message? I pray that as you wait patiently for His calling, you will dig deep into His Word. This way when He does speak, you will clearly recognize His voice. Peace to you sister during this season of resting in Him!

    <3 Heather Bleier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather. These Bible studies and your blogs help me to dig deeper into his word..I love it! Thank you for all the inspiration you pour out and the encouragement you show.

      <3 Lauren

      Delete
  2. Sweet Lauren, it is so hard waiting! I'm so very impatient... and forget that my time is not God's time. I'm learning (slowly) to take it one day at a time... and not worry about what will come tomorrow. Love what Heather said above... season of resting in Him... isn't that awesome, that when we feel like we should go, go, go, He's saying... REST. Wait.
    Love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lauren....where do I begin, I am so thankful and feel so blessed that God has brought us together in these bibles studies we have been in. I agree with you one day at a time. We can encourage each other together :) Praying as always.
      Love & Hugs to you

      Delete