Tuesday, July 24, 2012

~ He is our daily Bread ~



Do you ever sit and ask your self the following question: "What is it that the Lord is asking of me or what is it that he is wanting me to do?"

I am sure I am not the only person that asks themselves this same question.  I often find myself wondering just what it is that he has planned for my life or what it is that I am to be doing for him.  Well last tonight the following verses hit me and hit my heart hard.

Jesus answered, " The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent." John 6:29

I love this!  We satisfy God when we believe, not by what we do, but by truly believing in Jesus.  Does this just not make your heart feel so joyful.

Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life.  He who comes to me will never hunger, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:35

Yes we need bread physically to fuel our bodies but it is the Lord our true bread and water that fills our souls and spirits.  We need him spiritually to truly be satisfied and to fill full.

Following him and truly believing in him is the Only way.  Our God is so awesome that he sent us his Son to fill us up Spiritually!

So I find myself a little more at ease with the above question.....not that I still don't ask myself that question, But I can honestly say now that with Time God will show me just what it is that I am to be doing for him.  For now I will continue to believe and put all my hope in Jesus and allow God to direct my path of life!




No comments:

Post a Comment