Sunday, February 24, 2013

Listening.......

I think God has really been talking to me lately and I have not been listening very well. So recently I have written about forgiving, surrendering and now listening!

Well tonight I was reading my P31 Magazine (which you can get at www.proverbs31.org) there was an devotional  by Lysa TerKeurst ~ Why I am Breaking up with my "Quiet Time", "okay God I am listening" is what was going through  my mind after reading this amazing devotional. I too had made God a routine in my life and that is by far what I want! I need and want him to be the hugest part of my life, to be a part of everything through out my whole entire day, not just 15-30 minutes of it! So here I was hearing God tell me too, "I want to be with you always Lauren, not just sometimes".

Which leads me to where I listened to God tonight, after reading this devotional I was Challenged to read a Chapter of Proverbs everyday until I complete Proverbs. Now Lysa mentioned this in her devotional and I felt God led me there to challenge me. So I started tonight and I read Proverbs Chapter One. Part of the challenge was to ask God to reveal to me which verse was "my verse" and here is the one that spoke to me:

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, 
but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
Proverbs 1:7

My NIV Life application study Bible has footnotes at the bottom and here is what it said about this verse: The foundation of knowledge is to fear the Lord- to honor and respect God, to live in awe of his power, and to obey his word. 

WOW, did God show me "my verse" this verse spoke to my heart, I want to fear the Lord, I want to Honor him, I want to be filled of his amazing knowledge and obey his Word. I need his knowledge so that I may live a life for him and to be filled with his Grace! I want the Lord to be with me Always!

So tonight I listened when the Lord spoke to me and challenged me, I could have turned my head and said tomorrow Lord but I chose to LISTEN! Are you willing to take the challenge and listen to the Lord too?

Dear Heavenly Father ~
I come to you tonight asking you to forgive me, I never wanted you to be a routine in my life Lord. Please fill my heart and soul with your knowledge, love and grace. Guide and direct me Lord. Help me to have more discipline in my life. Lord I want you to be with me through out the whole entire day not just part of it. Thank you Lord for speaking to my heart tonight and leading me to read this devotional and giving me this challenge. I love you Lord and I want to Honor you all the days of my life.  In Jesus Name ~ Amen


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful how He blesses us if we just listen? How is your daily Proverbs reading going?

    Amanda G
    OBS leader

    ReplyDelete