Friday, March 15, 2013

Surrender ~ Choices

So today I was lead to write this blog by something I read of Facebook.  This was written by someone I know and think is a beautiful soul. As I read and re-read what she wrote, I was seeing her point and I agree with the way I am viewing her post. It read:

"One cannot surrender to God thinking that doing nothing for the self will solve everything! Humans need to be present in their own lives and be held accountable for themselves!"



We can not jut say forget it and not be accountable for our OWN actions in life. Yes we most certainly have to be present in our lives and accountable in our lives. Doing nothing is not going to get us anywhere! Surrendering to God does not mean we get to sit back and wait for Him to work amazing miracles in our lives or waiting for someone else to live our life for us. God did not give us this life to have others live it for us or let alone to blame others for our actions or choices.

This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.Now choose life, so that you and your children may live
Deuteronomy 30:19

It means making choices and learning from them. We might not always make the right choices but we pick our selves up and move forward. We were given this life to live it and learn from our own actions and yes that means taking responsibility for the outcome of our life! I am the one who makes the choices in my life and I have to live with the outcome.


The one who gets wisdom loves life;
    the one who cherishes understanding will soon prosper.
Proverbs 19:8

Surrendering to God means looking to him for wisdom and strength in making the choices in life, allowing him to direct my path. Looking to him for knowledge, listening and waiting on him for  understanding before leaping in a direction that might not be good.

Show me your ways, Lord,
    teach me your paths.
Psalm 25:4

So Surrendering to the Lord to me is ~ Living a life of good, truth, honor and love (yes that even means loving the unloveable or my enemies). Being thankful for the life I have because after all where  I am in life is because of the choices I made. Now I give credit to God for many things in my life. I feel he has blessed me beyond measures. I do look to the Lord in Prayer and His word  for direction in my life before I just leap into a decision , after all he is my ABBA!

Thank you Kellie for inspiring me today and reminding me that even though I have surrendered my Life to God, I am still responsible for the outcome of my life! I love your heart and you truly are a Beautiful Soul!

Picture found on Pinterest.





No comments:

Post a Comment