Thursday, June 14, 2012

A New Me ~ A New Creation in God ~

Well today was a very exciting day for me!  Today was the day I completely gave my life to the Lord! 

I got Baptized!!!!

 Now I have been really walking with the Lord faithfully and stronger than ever for the last 3 years.  Granted I have never been baptized during my life and I know now that this was God's plan in my life.  Our Church has done several Baptisms and I was always gone when they were happening .  Then it just so happened that they were performing a Baptism on a Thursday....."hurrah I will be here for this one" is what I was thinking.


So after work I headed over the the Park, were the baptism was to be held and it was so Beautiful outside!  It was such a perfect day.  I got there early and waited for everyone and listed to worship music.  I felt so close to the Lord tonight it was awesome, breath-taking, joyful, I could keep posting words to describe it but I don't truly think there are words to describe how I was feeling, other than my heart was over-joyed.


Pastor Steve is the one that did my Baptism and he said a beautiful prayer for me!  I was such a Beautiful night!  I had people that I love with me and it was perfect!





So I will close with this Bible Verse:

Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.  And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.  The promise is for you and your children and all who are far off - for all whom the Lord our God will call."          Acts 2:38-39 


No comments:

Post a Comment